Advanced Certified Scrum Master
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers.
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) certification from Scrum Alliance®. Our advanced offering is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Requirements for Advanced ScrumMaster Certification
Attend a certified educational offering that is on the Path to CSP®, where you will be provided with a set of techniques and skills that go beyond the basics and mechanics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics.
After successfully completing all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, all that is left is for you to demonstrating at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster (from within the past five years).
What are the benefits of an Advanced ScrumMaster certification?
- A focus on implementation – The A-CSM program is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace – Our Certified Scrum Trainers and Certified Enterprise Coaches have trained and coached Scrum to over 600,000 people around the globe. The new A-CSM certification provides an opportunity to take the next step and stand out among the global Scrum community.
- Stand out in your industry – As a member of the Scrum Alliance globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
CSM with 1+ years of experience as a Scrum Master Certification: To be eligible for the Advanced CSM®, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing CSM®
- Complete a pre-program assessment
- Be prepared to share your personal experiences
- Attend and complete the 2-day program
- Complete a post-program questionnaire
Through the A-CSM offering, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.